Saturday, July 21, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!!!!!!




Well what can i say about Vegas that hasnt already been said a thousand times?

I flew to vegas on Sunday 1st July to play in a side event of the World Series of Poker with Virgin Atlantic (the best direct service for vegas from the UK) arriving at midday to a temperature of around 116f...madness, it was so hot i couldnt breathe for a few moments!

My WSOP experience lasted all of 4 hours which to me is bloody great as i was in the $1000 rebuy event, and i busted out when ahead pre-flop

I had 11k in chips and on the button, when i found myself with KK, 1 limper and i decided that with the rebuys being too expensive id play it aggressively and hope to take the blinds to avoid the inevative ace on the flop, i make my move and announce all in, BB calls, and so does the limper, who has me covered by a mile!

with two of us all in we all turn the cards over:
me: KK
BB: 10 10
limper: 8s9s

i had a big grin knowing i was ahead and no aces to worry about, til i see a flop of 5 6 7 rainbow.....destroying me in 1 foul swoop, no help on the turn and the ace comes on the river, and im out, gutted and tired, but with some great experience anyway.

Met up with Matt Dale of poker.co.uk fame, Jar Jar and Danarama, F-tipper and Michelle, Manbag and his missus, Dave Woods(pokerplayer editor) Hilly the Fish and a few others at the Playboy party at Hugh Heffners Villa at the palms, awesome evening and met a few star players, Mel Judah, Andreas Hoivuld, Simon "Aces" Trumper and partied the night away with the bunnies and the free booze haha!

Then the aftershow at Sapphires gentlemens club...well what can i say....i had my1st lapdance! wow! and then watched as pissed up celebs made fools of themselves over and over again, with Dave Woods brother Nick the star of the show doing breakdancing for us. Wicked time as usual and great seeing you all again!

No comments: