Sunday, February 10, 2008

Aspers £33 Freezeout Cash!

Played the Aspers Newcastle £30+3 Freezeout last night along with 97 other players, great tourney atmosphere and a starting stack of 5k if your there at the start

Had some cracking hands and hit 5 full houses, 2 flushes and 3 sets in 6hrs, but when the luck was needed most it let me down.

Final table started at around 3am and with 10 players all on around equal chips, it was always gonna be hard. I look down and see AJ spades, make a 4x bb raise for a call and a shove......i think for a minute and call the shove, the odds were in my favour and my knowledge on the player all in was good, so i call.....he turns over A8o.....excellent! my read was right! It didnt matter tho as the 8 hit the flop and ive lost half of my stack :O

A few pocket pairs busted and im gone, with the last being 88 beaten by AJ......feck!!

I walked away after an english breakfast at 3.40am with £100 in my pocket and a sick feeling (from the way the final table was played, not the brekkie!)

No comments: