Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Apat Edinburgh Trip Report

Ok....it all went pear shaped from the moment i got on the train to Edinburgh!!

Well i didnt get on the train to Edinburgh as it happens, i got on the one to London!! EEK!! Just as the doors shut and i emerge from the trains toilets i realise were going the wrong way, and then i make my discovery, its the London train leaving late....bollox!!!

I get the next available train from Durham and eventually get to Edinburgh about 2 hrs later than planned....and ive missed my 1st three hands of the tourney. Not to worry it seems cos im doing well and by the 1st break, im up to 21k and chip leader. This is easy it seems!

Well my bad day was gonna get worse, a few bad plays and a few bad beats and im gone even before the 2nd break.....wish id stayed in bed

Collected my silver medal off Des and then decided not to stay over and just get the hell out of Scotland however there was no trains after 7pm (I think Scotland must be a 3rd world country or something). So i decide to get the Megabus....ffs! 3 hrs later i arrive in Newcastle just as the pubs were kicking out, mental people everywhere, no public transport and thank the lord my mate was awake to pick me up!

Apat organised another great tourney, shame the gods decided to piss on me before it started!

See ya in Dublin haha!

1 comment:

TEAMDOBB said...

MMMmm1 Think I better pick you up for Blackpool!!!!!