Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Punterslounge.com May Live Event Win

Saturday May 31st saw the 2nd Annual PL Barries Poker Event in Birmingham which attracted over 30 members into the £10 no limit holdem tournament.

All started well for me , vodka and cokes slipping down nicely, banter flowing and getting good cards, i managed to trebble my stack in the early phases and just went from strength to strength. 6 hours later its heads up Vs Heniek, a player we all respect and a player we know can mix it up with the best of us.

Heads up lasted for less than 5 hands tho, I had a 2-1 chip lead when my 23o destroyed his pocket Queens. With no raise from Heniek, i was given a free flop which came down 8 2 J. Heniek bet, i re-raised and Heniek instapushed! oops i thought after calling and he showed his monster......that was until the turn brought me the 2......tripped up and winner once more of the PL Barries do! 2 years running now!
and £110 for my troubles!

Another great night ensued and lots of drunken PLers made their way back to the hotel, with the last of us rolling back home at 6.30am!! Hammered but happy!

No comments: