Saturday, July 26, 2008

How i got on in WSOP Event 52

Hi all

Firstly, thanks for having faith in me and buying some shares, it means a lot to me that people will gamble their hard earned income on an idiot like me!

I lasted just over 3 hrs in my event, after being sat on a table with a WPT circuit winner (no idea of his name), a Bracelet Winner (william mckinnie) and a 2x 2008 wsop final tableist (larry wright) so i knew my chances of bossing a table of very experienced players was doomed.
3 hands in i pick up AJ in mid position and with the rest of the table folding i make a standard 3x bb raise, to be called by the wpt circuit winner. Flop of J 8 4 and he checks to me, i then fire off 1200 into a 1000 pot leaving myself 1500 behind. he insta re-raises me all in and i have a decision. But what makes it worse, is it came str8 into my head that i was playing with other players money and how could i explain that i went out after only 3 hands. I reluctantly fold and he turns over a bluff...AK and i have to rebuild.

I do well over the next few hours and build my stack from 1500 to 6.2k and am feeling comfortable. The 5th hand after the break i pick up 10 10 in my BB. all fold to the button who raises me to 2k, which is a massive overbet. I sense his weakness and re-raise all in, he takes an age, and eventually calls.

I have 1010 and he calls with 8 8.....a smile creeps on my face and im thinking of how i can comfortably play the next few hours with no problems!
However the gods again shat on me from a great height, and not even bothering with the good old river shafting, they give it the 1st card instead, a flop of 8 J A And im drawing slim. I forget the turn and the river cards now as i never hit the 10 and no str8 for me so im gone, gutted and cursing my bad luck.

Ill be there again next year tho, and hopefully do people proud!

Thanks again all

Graeme

No comments: