Sunday, October 05, 2008

Scottish Championships Result

Had one of the best poker experiences of my life this weekend and never once felt out of my depth, I played well and was only once behind when i made a call, which cost me a few chips after the cock called with A6 lol

Had Charalambos Xanthos http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=247 of late night poker fame on my table for 1st 3 hrs and took him out when he tried to make a play on me twice. 1st time i held 44 and on a flop of 246 i bet out, he insta pushed and i called, he had 55 and missed and he doubled me up.....3 hands later i get AKclubs and i pump it up the table raise of 4x the bb....he re-raises me and i call for an extra 4xbb...flop brings J7J and i know if i check he pushes and i cant call.....so i bet 10k into a 10k pot and he pushes for 16k total.....i have to call and he turns over Q10.......i look at him and he has the cheek to say....how did u call? lol

Before the A6 incident which cost me 24k i was sitting nicely on 55k with 2 hrs of play remaining and if my QQ had held up id have been massive chip leader with everything to play for, but, i made my target of reaching day 2 comfortably and I was playing well so I have no arguments!

Gaz explained the final hand which was a gutter.....Blinds 600/1200 ante 100Me UTG+2 on 25kHim UTG+3 on 62kI raise to 4100 with KQ and he calls, table foldsFlop was 382 and i check (any bet here he probably calls or re-raises and i lose half my stack was my reasoning), he also checksTurn was 10 and again i decide to check for same reasonsRiver brought the King which i was happy with as there was now 10700 in the pot so i make it 6k to play he anounces all in and im thinking that if he had AA , AK , KK he would have re-raised me preflop to protect his hand and thus I make the call.....he has AK clubs and im gone in 14th.

5 short of the money
73 runners with 9 getting paid from 1500 up to 28500 for winner

No comments: