Wednesday, June 04, 2014

My Quest to Vegas with Betfair Poker- Part 2



So, where to begin.... After 5 days away from the online felt I returned on Monday to play some poker and boy what a few hours that was! High hand near misses, bloated pots and bigger fish than Harry Ramsden himself could handle created a mix of elation and pure hatred of the game.

Online cash games have a tendency to swing back and forth and after 2 profitable hours I managed to lose 50% of that profit in around 3 hands, when my flopped 2 pairs seemed destined to be beaten each time by a set or a straight on the river. You could argue I was behind at the start of the hand but that's not the point now is it :D

Today was a new day though and after what felt like only a few hours sleep and even despite my earlier failings to win any of the €1 Rookie SnG's or the €1 and €10 Vegas experience satellites I write with a glimmer or hope. Scrap that, its more than a bloody glimmer, its a big bright glow, its the glow of the Vegas skyline....im almost there....hopefully!

After playing for around 2 hours on the 10c/20c Big Win Cash Table on Betfair I stumble upon KQ and decide to play with a little caution, The flop brings a fairly decent K89 I decide to check call, the turn brings me another King, that's 3 now (keep up eh) again, I check call the turn hoping to maximise a check raise/shove on the river, the river though kills my action, and ill tell you why in a moment...the river is the 4th and final King in the deck.. I now have 4 of a kind Kings and my kicker the Q also plays....boom!

Now the qualification for a high hand is rather complex which is why the 4th King kinda ruined my action on the river, the T&C state:
1) Both hole cards must be used - check (KKKKQ)
2) At least 3 players must be dealt into the hand - 5 players, check
3) The play must go to showdown - hence my check on the river, thankfully I was 1st to act so cant be accused of any soft play.
4) You must claim your win within 24hrs - I sit out and immediately screenshot the shit out of everything haha

That's a rather awesome €150 Sunday Vegas Experience Final Ticket, for picking up quads - NOT BAD AT ALL THANK YOU.



I Then decide to slow down with cash (I had a losing session) and fancied some Rookie SnG's and also the €10 Vegas Experience Satellite too. I played 6 x €1 Rookie sngs and had a nice record of 2 wins and 3 x 2nd places, more profit for the bankroll!

During the rookie games I start the €10 Vegas Experience satellite and double up twice in succession after my AA and QQ hold up, but the next 2 hours is a very hard slog, with just 1 seat up for grabs its winner takes all and after my KK held up 3 handed vs A10 and JJ, I was a 6-1 chipleader going into heads up, even I cant feck that up! Sure enough after around 5 hands heads up, I win my 2nd seat to the Sunday final which means with only 3 finals remaining, I'm securing my seat in at least 2 of them!



So, 3 weekly finals left, 6 packages up for grabs, overlay galore in the sats and fishy cash tables with high hand bonuses, whats not to love about Betfair Poker right now? If you sign up via my banner, let me know and ill even give you a €10 Vegas Experience satellite ticket which is in addition to the already awesome depositing bonuses! Good luck at the tables!

No comments: