Monday, June 23, 2014

My Quest for Vegas - Part errrmmmm - Sunday Final 3


So the weekly final was played today and I have to say I enjoyed my poker immensely tonight, even though I was a few hands off a package!

I wanted to stay fresh so decided to just play 2 MTT's in the hope of making a) The final table of both and b) winning a lot of money!

The 1st game was the €250 Welcome Freeroll (4 out of 5 cashes in this) and I was on fire, hands hitting, hands holding up and hands rivering better hands, it doesn't get better than that! Until heads up that is, where I couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel! So finishing 2nd was ok, it was €18 of free money, and it all adds up!



The 2nd game was obviously the big one, the Betfair Vegas Experience Sunday Final!

2 x €4000 packages guaranteed for just a €150 buy in. 50 players entered in total which meant an overlay of exactly €1k and with a structure so good it allows a lot of play early on, the action was surprisingly crazy at times.

Even when we reached the final table, the blinds were just 250/500 and meant we had around 30bb each, lots of fun! Once the final table began I lost a massive flip, KK vs A10 which would have left me in the top 2 of chips but instead I found myself in the bottom 2 of chips all the way.

I eventually bust in 6th place with 75o in the BB when my 7 made 2nd pair, unfortunately for me, the other player in the hand had the Ace on the flop and it was good game good night. I cant be upset at all by my play, just gutted I never won a package.

 I have one chance left next week and boy am I gonna make the most of it!

No comments: